Saturday 30 May 2009

Welcome....




Well this is it folks - welcome to my allotment blog. I've been swithering for a wee while about whether to do this or not. I've been looking/reading a few others and I must say they're very impressive. It's really useful to pick up tips from others and actually seeing pics and also progress. So I've decided to give it a go.

On the downside though one my flaws is starting something, going at it with great gusto and then not keeping it up. I will try my best not to do that.

I'll also have to try extra hard to type more than 140 characters at a time because I'm so used to tweeting on Twitter now!

Anyway enough of this - welcome to 18b Greyhope Road!

After waiting approximately 3 years on the local authority waiting list I finally got the phone call. An offer of one of 2 plots - so me and hubby went to have a look. Here's a pic of 18b (never got a pic of the other but, believe me when I say, it was a small field absolutely full of weeds - knee high ones too. 18b was also a field of weeds but also had a shed and a decrepit greenhouse. At least there was something there. So I signed up, paid my money and set to work.
My next post will be along soon. As it's now been a couple of months since I started work at the plot I'm not going to post all the pics but just the most recent ones. Otherwise it would go on forever and I'd always be behind!
Speak later, Christine




3 comments:

  1. Oh for a greenhouse like yours! I'm your first subsciber hehe.. Never been first before..
    Welcome to blogland *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you all the luck an allotmenteer needs. It's sheer hard work to start with, then once all the beds are worked on and laid out, it get's esier. It's when you bring home your first basket of self grown goodies that make it all worth while, and the taste is so different to the shop bought veg especially the carrots (so keep going at that one )
    all the very best
    maureen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies - I've just discovered your comments and how to reply.....!?!

    I'm really struggling with the weeds, but I'll get there - I'll have to!

    I've tasted the lettuce, mixed salad leaves, spinach, strawberries and raspberries and you're right, they're lovely.

    Thanks again for the comments, Christine

    ReplyDelete